Tuesday, December 4, 2007

On the Fourth Day of Crafting: A Tree Skirt

Today I made a skirt for our yet-to-be purchased Christmas tree. Red, felt, white rickrack, and more of my favorite holiday prints. I only bought half a yard of each of those prints and I'm determined to stretch them as far as they'll go.I think this is my favorite crafted decoration so far. The jumbo rickrack and fabric ornament appliqués are just so festive and fun. As I write this Autumn is sitting on the couch in quiet concentration, making a paper chain garland all by herself. I can't tell you how thrilled I am that she enjoys making things as much as I do. I love giving her small, simple projects she can do on her own, and being able to sit and chat with my girl while we work.
I hope she never loses her desire to create.

1 comment:

BumbleVee said...

what fun for the two of you....our Mom did so much with us and we loved her for that. She will never forget it..... and she is learning so much that other kids never get an opportunity to learn... already.