Saturday, December 1, 2007

On the First Day of Crafting: An Advent Calendar

Today I finished our advent calendar and filled the pockets with red and white polymer clay beads for Autumn to make herself a Christmas necklace. On the 25th she'll get a Christmas tree pendant to complete it. I also started the dozen scrappy ball ornaments I want to make for our tree. These are fun to make and a great way to use up the pretty scraps I don't want to throw away. Unfortunately by the time I was finished crafting it was starting to get dark outside and the lighting in our house isn't the greatest for taking pictures, so I may replace these shots tomorrow with some better ones. But for now, here is the evidence of my progress.



The calendar was really fun to make. It's natural linen with holiday print and felt pockets, numbered in gold glitter. I'm not entirely happy with the lettering at the top because it's a bit crooked, but oh well. It's charming, right? Tomorrow I'll try to get an earlier start on my projects so that they're done in time to take some good photos.

No comments: