Friday, August 24, 2007

Note to Self: Buy new Monopoly set

A friend of a friend of my boyfriend was throwing out a carfull of old junk she didn't want, but before it was driven to the dump I had the opportunity to look through it and see if there was anything I wanted to keep. Aside from piles of books and clothes that will be donated to our local library and thrift store, I ended up carrying home armloads of neat stuff for myself, including a very old, battered Monopoly game. Taking inspiration from the half dozen or so Scrabble bulletin boards I've seen around the world wide web, I turned the board and metal playing pieces into a bulletin board for my craft room.

After using spray adhesive to glue the board to some cork sheets I had on hand, I turned the metal pieces into thumbtacks.

There's the iron (I think it's an iron?) holding up a photo of Andy Warhol, who I like to think would have liked this project. And the hat, my favorite, holding a card Adam gave me the other day.
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the rest of the game pieces. I still have all the cards, money, houses and hotels. I'd like to somehow incorporate them into more craft room decor if I can. I think I'll ask the awesome guys and gals at Craftster for some inspiration.

1 comment:

Faye said...

Ha, now this is me, commenting on your blog! Once again, I bow to your craftiness. You could make a border of some sort out of the cards, maybe some picture frames or something.