Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Gift for Daron


Sorry to have disappeared for the past week and a half, but I've been a busy little bee, crafting for the son of Adam's friends John and Darlene. I have yet to meet him in person as they live several hours away, but when we heard the news of his arrival I immediately started planning a quilt for him. I made a little doll quilt for Autumn a while back, but this is my first person size quilt. Although time consuming, it was actually easier than I thought it would be. The only difficult part was putting on the binding, which I've never done before and had to accept being only partly satisfied with due to time constraints. But all in all I'm pretty proud of it. The colors and prints (a mix of new and vintage fabrics) are so whimsical I can't help but smile when I look at it.

I made this little critter out of the same blue fabrics for sweet Daron to snuggle with when he sleeps under his quilt. I've actually become quite obsessed with making these little bunnies. I've already made a pink one for another friend's little girl, as well as several others that will be appearing in my Etsy shop soon.

I've named him Boybunny, but of course Daron can rename him whatever he likes if he wants to someday. I hope he likes his gifts, and will treasure them as he grows older. Welcome to the world, Daron Adam!

1 comment:

Faye said...

AWWWWW, that bunny is so cute. I am sure that baby Daron will love it. As far as the quilt goes, wow! I am impressed as ever, with your craftiness.