Friday, September 12, 2008

20

Yesterday was my 20th birthday! We celebrated at home with good friends and good food. There were party favors...
a sparkly purple cake covered in plastic zombies...
decoupaged paper hats...
and lots of general silliness.
It was so much fun to just hang out with our friends laughing and eating an ungodly amount of cake. I don't think I'll ever be too old for birthday parties, especially the kind involving balloons, crepe paper streamers and fake mustaches.

Feeling inspired by a few other Flickr members, I've decided to take on a little project over the next year of my life and take a self portrait every day until my 21st birthday. I thought it would be a fun challenge for me, because I've realized that I have very few pictures of myself. I'm almost always the one behind the camera. I think it will be interesting to put myself in front of it for a change.

11 comments:

w said...

happy birthday yesterday!

Connie said...

happy belated birthday.

Debra said...

Wow...looks like you had a great time.
Happy birthday!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday - looks like it was a fun one!

Chichiboulie said...

Great do! Looks like you had a fabulous time. Happy Birthday

T.Allen said...

Happy belated birthday-I had fun just looking at the pics. Best wishes for many many more!

laura capello said...

happy birthday!

and dude. i'm lucky if one picture of me gets taken a year. click away!

BeckyKay said...

Happy Birthday! That photo a day project sounds great!

Tia Colleen said...

That looks like a super fun birthday, I wish I would have been there.

And your new hair looks hot, mama!

Faye said...

we did have a crazy weird fun time. Especially with the surprise appearance of Mario!

Anonymous said...

happy belated!!
lovin the hair color!

--geez, i typed your blog in but i had a typo *typed blogpsot instead of blogspot* and this weird website came up...b careful make sure they're not tracking to your site to get hits....