Wednesday, November 5, 2008

thank you.

Thank you for standing up for change.

Thank you for sharing the vision of a better, stronger, more united nation.

Thank you for realizing that our country needs to be healed, and for doing something about it.

Thank you for finally making me proud to call myself a citizen of the United States of America.

I voted for the first time yesterday, and when I walked out of that elementary school gym, beaming from ear to ear with tears in my eyes, I felt restored. I felt a sense of peace, a calm that whispered in my ear and I knew everything was going to be alright.
But when I woke up this morning, and it really hit me, that's when I cried. This is the beginning of something big, something better. The beginning of a brighter future for ourselves and our children and our children's children. For my daughter. For my sister. For the whole world. This is history in the making.

Thank you, America.

Thank you for not screwing this up.

Thank you.

Thank you.

No comments: